Family Leadership Institute
Family Voices Family Leadership Institute will be held in 2014. We are accepting 25 applicants, so get your application in early. You can do so by clicking here
Please be sure to include your own e-mail.
The purpose of the Leadership Institute is to provide family members with the tools to expand their grassroots advocacy efforts through coalition building and mentoring activities.
- State leadership –increase capacity and knowledge for family leaders regarding health policy in order to strengthen partnerships and policy development.
- Individual families – increase awareness and understanding of impact of health issues and services for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs.
- Promote and support family/professional partnerships.
- Increase the families’ ability to navigate the complex service system and access needed services.
- Provide families with access to information and the opportunities for training.
- Provide skills necessary for family support and leadership development by bringing together community resources based upon identified family needs.