The FVND Health Information and Education Center is funded in part by the Maternal and Child Health Bureau through the Affordable Care Act.
The FVND HIEC provides:
- Assist families as they navigate public and private systems, including health systems and insurance plans
- Provide assistance to families in accessing services and resources for their children and how to partner with providers and caregivers.
- Listen to families as they describe their encounters with systems and help guide them to possible solutions
- To work with families, health care providers, public and private agencies, and advocacy or support groups to promote family-centered care and medical homes for children with special health care needs
- To promote discussion and linkages among families, providers, managed care programs, and government to better serve the health care and related needs of children and families in North Dakota
Family Voices of ND Health Information and Education Center is funded by a grant from the US Department of Human Services’ Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau (Project #1 H84MC07992-01-00) and the North Dakota Department of Health (Title V, Children’s Special Services) and Parent to Parent Project by ND State Council on Developmental Disabilities