How You Can Help
Family Voices of North Dakota (FVND) is a statewide health information and education center for families who have children with a special health need or disability from birth to age 26 and for the professionals that serve them. A special health care need is a broad definition and includes: disability, chronic illness and physical or mental health condition. We are a free service to families which operates on grants, fundraising and private donations. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
When families are faced with a prenatal, at birth or later diagnosis, FVND assures that families receive informational and emotional support in caring for their child with a chronic illness or disability. Nearly 20,000 children in our state have some kind of health care need and over 40 percent of these children have a health condition that limits their play and school activities. That means 1 in 5 families within our area have children living with physical, mental or emotional disabilities; others live with a chronic illness and many present a brief, but life-threatening medical problem. Last year FVND served 1,395 families and 1,515 professionals in the Fargo region.
Family Voices of North Dakota is available in all (8) regions across the state and the communities we serve help families become better parents, advocates, professionals and educators. When we all work together we can make an impact in the lives of families and their children. Parents become leaders, communities become inclusive and our children are embraced.
You can help FVND in a number of ways:
- Need Info? What information do You need and cannot find? Let us know!
- Parent to Parent- Looking for experienced volunteers to serve as parent to parent support, helping the new generation!
- e-Newsletter and web/Sharing the Wealth Got a solution, know of a great resource. Share it! And we will include the link on the web and also listing in the weekly eNewsletter-Sharing the Wealth
- Become a Change Agent-Learn how to become involved in systems change for children with special health care needs, attend the Family Leadership Institute or one of opur workshops and join the effort to make improvements in ND!
- Office Operations-We welcome helpers at conferences, trainings, hard copy newsletter preparation, dissemination of information and materials.
- Learn New Skills- Connect with us to learn about how you can be a family leader representative to serve on committees, task forces, support groups, leadership etc.
- Donations! One in every five households in North Dakota has a child with special health care needs.Many of these families are left to find answers on their own, have difficulty locating resources, or have not spoken to other families of a child with the same diagnosis. We need your support to meet the increasing demand for help from families living with disabilities and chronic health illnesses. The need for our services and support is rapidly increasing.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Ways You Can Help
Like jewelery? You can purchase Bravelets, a portion of each purchase comes to Family Voices of North Dakota.
FVND accepts donations at anytime. They can be mailed to FVND, PO Box 163 Edgeley North Dakota 58433.
All donations are put to good use to assist families.
Through Give Back with Impact through the Dakota Medical Foundation
We also have a few other avenues in which you can participate. You can shop our online store
You can do your online searches at Good Search.com and add Family Voices as your favorite charity to good search for.
Or you can make a donation to FVND at
FVND has made significant accomplishments. See our FVND overview of the past three years Family Voices of North Dakota Annual Report